To prevent plagiarism, every submitted article will be checked first with a plagiarism checker application, namely Turnitin.
The ethics of scientific publications based on the Regulation of the Head of the Indonesian Institute of Sciences Number 5 of 2014 states that there are three ethical values in publications, namely :
1. Neutrality is free from other interests in the management of publications.
2. Justice, namely giving the right to the author who has the right
3. Honesty, which is free from duplication, plagiarism, forgery, and fabrication.
The following is the code of ethics for managing scientific journals, journal editors, reviewers, and authors of scientific journals as quoted from the Regulation of the Head of the Indonesian Institute of Sciences Number 5 of 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities of Scientific Journal Managers :
1. Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, periodicity, and accreditation if necessary.
2. Determine the membership of the editorial board.
3. Defines the relationship between publishers, editors, review partners, and other parties to a contract.
4. Appreciate things that are confidential both for contributing researchers, authors, editors, and review partners.
5. Implement norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
6. Conduct a review of the journal's policy and submit it to the authors, the editorial board, reviewers, and readers.
7. Create behavioral code guides for editors and review partners.
8. Publish journals regularly.
9. Ensuring the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publications.
10. Building a network of cooperation and marketing.
11. Prepare permits and other legal aspects.
Editor's Duties and Responsibilities
1. Meeting the needs of readers and authors/writers,
2. Strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis,
3. Implement processes to ensure the quality of published papers,
4. Prioritizing freedom of opinion objectively,
5. Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record,
6. Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies when necessary,
7. Responsible for the style and format of the written word, while the content and all statements in the written work are the responsibility of the author/writer.
8. Actively solicit the opinions of authors, readers, review partners, and members of the editorial board to improve the quality of publications,
9. Encouraging an assessment of the journal if there are findings,
10. Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethics Clearance form that has been approved by the Ethics Clearance Commission,
11. Support initiatives to educate researchers on publication ethics,
12. Reviewing the effect of publication policies on the attitudes of authors/writers and peer reviewers and improving them to increase responsibility and minimize errors,
13. Have an open mind to new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions,
14. Not defending one's own opinion, the author, or a third party that may result in an unobjective decision,
15. Encouraging authors/writers to improve their written work so that it is worthy of publication.
Bestari Partner Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Received an assignment from the editor to review the paper and submit the results of the study to the editor, as material for determining the feasibility of a written work to be published.
2. The reviewer may not conduct a review of the written work that involves himself, either directly or indirectly
3. Maintain the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, input, and recommendations
4. Encouraging authors/writers to make improvements to written works
5. Review the written work that has been repaired in accordance with predetermined standards.
6. The written work is reviewed in a timely manner according to the style of the publication environment based on scientific principles (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author/Author :
1. Ensure that those who are included in the list of authors/authors meet the criteria as authors/authors.
2. Collectively responsible for the work and content of the article including methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
3. State the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
4. Explain the limitations of the research
5. Respond to comments made by bestari partners in a professional and timely manner.
6. Inform the editor if he will withdraw his written work.
7. Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, has not been published anywhere in any language, and is not in the process of being submitted to another publisher.
(quoted from the Regulation of the Head of the Indonesian Institute of Sciences Number 5 of 2014)